For this Episode of The Expert Series – we will be hearing from Resume Expert Virginia Franco.
Virginia Franco, NCRW, CPRW is a double-certified Executive Resume Writer and the owner of Virginia Franco Resumes . Her resumes are 100% customized for today’s readers and garner interviews in 60 days. Her LinkedIn profiles are amongst the Top 1% viewed.
- The Top Mistake made by candidates on their Resume/ LinkedIn – they do not include a compelling headline or a lead paragraph to entice the readers to continue reading.
- Another mistake is that candidates don’t usually format the resumes for Online Reading. Most recruiters today read resumes and LinkedIn profiles on their web browsers and/or mobile devices.
- Use the right font (Sans Serif/Arial/Tahoma) and the right formatting to make sure that the resume is more reader-friendly. Use the right amount of white space throughout the resume.
- When a Cover Letter is requested – make sure to include that in your application.
- Virginia Franco shares her 4-step formula on writing an effective Cover Letter.
- Leverage the power of LinkedIn to uncover contacts and build your network. The stronger your network , higher the chances of landing an interview or job opportunity.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush