- The biggest challenge job seekers face is that they don’t necessarily receive enough replies or call backs for the applications they have submitted.
- Bad formatting on your resume/ CV reduces your chances of winning the recruiters’ attention.
- Before you create your resume, it is advisable to understand the job market, requirements,etc. – in that way you can customize a more effective resume/ CV.
- The importance of having quantities/achievements in the resume / CV.
- For new grads or junior candidates- how to optimize your resume when applying for your first corporate job.
- Cover Letters are important. However, keep it short and succinct.
- Practice and Prepare ahead of interviews. It will improve your odds.
- Always follow-up by email to the hiring managers and recruiters thanking them for their time. It will help you stand out amongst other candidates.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush