When you think of creating a resume, you automatically think of sitting in front of a desktop computer or a laptop. But with the evolution of technology, you don’t even need a laptop or a desktop computer to build your resume.
PathSource is a unique, smartphone-based app that allows users to build their resumes from scratch by tapping on their phones. It revolutionizes the process of resume building. You can do it anytime, anywhere.
This extensive (and unbiased) PathSource Resume Builder Review will discuss the experience of creating a resume using their website, support options, reviews, and other information about the website.
- About PathSource
- Building Your Resume on PathSource
- Setting up Your PathSource Account
- PathSource Cover Letter Builder
- PathSource Pricing
- PathSource Support
- PathSource Resume Builder Reviews
- The Pros of Using PathSource
- The Cons of Using PathSource
- Final Thoughts — Should You Use PathSource to Build Your Resume?
Let’s get started.
Pathsource is a US-based career navigation and education software. Its primary vision is to shorten the front end of searching for a good fitting career from months and years down to hours.
They use informational interviews, assessments, and a range of other tools to guide users in their career search.
Setting Up Your PathSource Account
PathSource seamlessly binds the resume-building process and the signup process in their app. Once you have started putting in your information, PathSource automatically makes you an account. By the end of your resume building process, the resume you created is already saved in your account.
However, you can also sign up for an account before starting the resume-building process. To do this, go to their app and click “Sign in” at the bottom part of the screen.
It will lead you to PathSource’s sign up page, where you just key in your email and password to log in. You can also sign up using your Facebook or Linkedin accounts.
Building Your Resume on PathSource
After downloading the app, you will be directed to PathSource’s introduction pages. Scroll through these to begin.
To start building your resume, tap the “New Resume” at the center of your phone screen.
You will then be asked to choose a template for your resume. To see other resume template options, swipe the resumes to the left or right.
You can also change the resume templates’ accent colors by tapping one of the available colors at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have decided, tap “Start With This Template”.
You will then be directed to PathSource’s information gathering process. First, you will be asked to enter your full name.
Next, you will be asked to enter your email.
Then enter your phone number and indicate if it is a US phone number or not.
Then fill in your zip code. You can skip this part by tapping “Skip” seen at the lower right corner of your screen.
For the next part, PathSource will ask you about your employment status. You can choose between three options:
- “I am currently employed.”
- “I am unemployed.”
- “I have not worked at all.”
If you answered “I am currently employed.”, PathSource will ask for the name of your current company.
If you answered “I am unemployed.”, PathSource will lead you to create the job experience section of your resume and ask for the name of your previous company.
For the first choices, PathSource will ask for your job title and your employment timeline.
You will then be asked to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments in your previous job. You can also skip this part by tapping “Skip” on the screen’s lower right corner. Tap on the box to start describing.
Tap the bullet icons to itemize your description into bullet format. Tap on the lightning icon to choose from pre-written phrases from PathSource.
Then tap on the phrase of your choice and tap “Add”.
You can add multiple phrases up to 1000 characters.
Next is the education section, where you will be asked about your current educational status.
Note: If you answered, “I have not worked at all.”, PathSource will immediately direct you to the education section of the resume.
PathSource will ask about your school’s name, your education level, your field of study, and the timeline of your education.
Next, you will be asked to describe your education. You can skip this step by tapping the “Skip” button on the lower right portion of the screen. Tap on the box to start typing.
There are also pre-written phrases for the education section. Just tap the lightning button.
Then, tap “Next”.
Lastly, type in the name of your resume and the career industry you intend to use the resume for.
PathSource will then lead you to its finalization page, where you can make final edits to your information.
You can add a new section to your resume. Just tap the plus button at the bottom of your screen.
You can add the following sections:
- Certifications and Honors.
- Clubs and Volunteering.
- Skills and Abilities.
- Hobbies and Interests.
- Expected Compensation.
- Additional Information.
- Cover Letter.
Tap “Done” to preview your new resume.
You can tap the blue button in the lower-left corner of the page to edit information on the preview page. You can also tap the red button on the lower right corner of the page to choose a template. You can again tap the “A” button to change the font style and size.
Once you are done, tap “Export”.
PathSource will give you three choices to export your resume: via email, save locally, or lead to resume evaluation, although the last option is a paid feature.
PathSource Cover Letter Builder
PathSource also has a built-in cover letter within the app.
You can access this towards the last part of your resume building process when you’re done inputting all the information needed to make a resume.
On the finalization page, you click on the plus sign button to add sections.
You can choose from the many sections suggested by PathSource. The last option is “Cover Letter”. Tap this to start building your cover letter.
You will be asked about the name of the company you are applying to, your contact person, the company’s location, and your main message in the cover letter.
For the main message, PathSource has pre-written sentences you can select from. Once you’re done, click “Save” and your cover letter will automatically be included as additional pages in your resume.
PathSource Resume Builder Pricing
While PathSource’s free version covers a lot, they have a paid subscription for expanded features.
Here’s the pricing model for PathSource.
$8.5 per month.
PathSource’s support can be accessed via its website or through its app.
To access its support team via the website, go to PathSource’s main website. Scroll down to the bottommost part of the screen, and you will find their email address.
You can also reach them through their chat widget that appears at the bottom right corner of their page.
Just put in your name, email, contact number, and the message or complaint you intend to submit to PathSouce’s team.
They promise to get back to you within 24 hours.
Meanwhile, on the app, you can access their contact page after the entire resume building process. After filling out the necessary information, click the avatar icon on the screen’s top-left corner.
Then, click “Contact Us”. It will direct you to an email page to send an email query or complaint to the team.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information.
- Information We Collect or Store As You Access and Use the Site.
- Disclosure of Information.
- What About Information You Disclose Publicly Or To Others?
- Links to Other Websites.
- Maintenance of Accurate Information.
- Protection of Personal Information.
- Business Transitions.
- Children’s Privacy.
- Transfer of Personal Information to the United States.
- Contact Us.
- “Except as indicated within this Policy, we will not sell, rent or transfer your Personal Information to or otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties unless it’s requested by a paying customer (i.e. a school, district, or other similar organization). We may share or transfer your Personal Information as directed to do so by you. We may share Personal Information with existing or future third-party partners for product support, service support, or research purposes. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and data security practices of these third parties.”
- “We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and currency of your Personal Information in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases and the information we collect. Any Personal Information that you provide to us will be stored on our or our third-party provider’s computer network servers. We and our vendors maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. The security measures in place for the Site and its servers aim to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information you provide to us.”
PathSource Resume Builder Reviews
Pathsource is rated 4.9 on Appgroves.
Among its top positive reviews include its easy navigation, quick process, and overall resourcefulness of the page. There are many positive reviews too about its app interface, as people are finding it very convenient to build resumes from their phones.
Meanwhile, the few negative reviews revolved around the inability to change the app’s password and overall unresponsiveness.
It is also rated relatively highly at 4.9 on the AppStore.
The Pros of Using PathSource
1. The Free Version Covers a Lot
PathSource’s resume building app is free to download to your phone. Aside from charging zero on getting the app, they also charge nothing to download or email the resume and cover letter you did with their app. It makes their app very helpful for the fresh graduates or the unemployed who can’t afford subscriptions.
2. The Process Is Quick and Straightforward
The entire process consists of 15 questions that are mostly answerable by 2 to 3 words. There are only 2 steps in the process that will require you to construct a sentence, but PathSource still made it easier for everyone by including selectable pre-written phrases to save you time and energy. Once you have answered all questions, you’re good to go.
3. It Is on the Phone
It is PathSource’s competitive edge, compared to all the resume builders we have reviewed. Its app-based program allows you to bring it anywhere you want, do it anywhere you enjoy at any time. Not only does this offer top-notch convenience and mobility, but it also revolutionizes the resume-building process.
The Cons of Using PathSouce
1. No Flexibility
PathSource’s process is simple and straightforward. As such, there isn’t much room for changes and customization. While this is good for some job seekers because they won’t worry about design work anymore, some job seekers prefer some degree of customization to highlight some elements they think gives them the edge over other applicants.
2. Only Available as a Mobile Application
Yes, PathSource’s biggest “pro” can also be one of its con. Everyone wants mobility and ease of use, but because of PathSource’s nature of working the entire process on the phone, some might miss the preview of a larger screen when creating a resume from scratch.
Final Thoughts — Should You Use PathSouce to Build Your Resume?
- PathSource’s Interface — PathSource’s interface is impressive because they compressed everything to fit on a smartphone, yet the process does not seem too crowded to work through. Transitions are smooth and flow naturally, and the look and feel of the app are easy on the eyes.
- Best Feature — It is app-based. Having an app that can build a resume from scratch is rare. What’s even more interesting is that PathSource has done it to be smooth, user friendly, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Other Extra Features — Aside from being designed as an app-based resume builder, PathSource also allows creating a cover letter in-app. What’s great is that the cover letter only takes four questions to answer and will automatically match your resume template.
- Top User Complaint — There aren’t many complaints about the app, but those few complainants talk about their inability to change the password and the app being unresponsive. Low raters talked about how greater the program would be if it were entirely free on the app store.
- Pathsource’s Biggest Downfall — Printing the resume. Unless you have a wireless printer that directly connects your phone to the printer, getting a hard copy of the resume would still require a laptop or desktop to print.
PathSource’s ability to create a seamless building resume from scratch on a smartphone is impressive. Its interface is smooth and clean, and the questions are simple and straightforward.
The process is quick and easy to navigate. Most of all, the resulting resume does not compromise. It is as comprehensive and aesthetically pleasing as any other resume created on a laptop or a desktop.
Overall, PathSource is an excellent resource for people who are always on the go, who do not have a laptop or a desktop, or would just want to do everything in the palm of their hands. PathSource’s process is easy, user-friendly, and available for all smartphone users. Its ability to generate a fully designed resume is something worth watching and checking out.
Read our Extensive Review of Other Resume Builders:
- My Resume Format
- Cultivated Culture Resume Builder
- Resume Genius
- My Perfect Resume
- CV Maker
- Cake Resume
- Canva Resume Builder
- Indeed Resume Builder
- Resume Companion
- LiveCareer Resume Builder