Vicki Aubin – The Rockin Career Roach helps Career Revolutionaries unleash their inner Rockstar and re-invent themselves. Vicki Aubin is a Career Transition Coach and a Personal Branding consultant. She has multiple years of experience in the corporate world as a Corporate & Campus Recruiter – having worked for big Wall Street Firms. She nows helps job seekers with their personal career transition, and helping them find the career of their choice.
- The Biggest Challenges Job Seekers face today is evaluating what their transferable skills are.
- Lack of confidence is common among job seekers. Therefore, it is important to work on your belief system & mindset before you start the job search process.
- In order to stand out among your competition – make sure that you cater your application (resume, cover letter,etc.) to the the job /company you are applying for. This is a proven way to avoid the proverbial Resume Black-hole.
- Your resume has to be relevant to the job description, and what they are looking for.
- Successful job seekers pay close attention to what is written in the job description. The Job Description is your best friend.
- Resumes are the “what” in the process. It tells the employer what you have done in your previous roles.
- Cover Letters are absolutely crucial. The cover letter helps you differentiate among other similar candidates. It makes the recruiter’s job easier by giving them a compelling reason to select you.
- Cover Letters explain the “who” and the “why” – it communicates who are you as a person. What are you applying for? What’s driving you?
- The Recipe for the Perfect Cover Letter is described in length during the interview. Listen to Vicki Aubin breaking down paragraph-by-paragraph what should go in the cover letter.
- The Interview is where it really happens. It is the area where you get a job offer or not. Go well prepared. Speak the language. Be ready for any potential questions that come up. Understand the role very clearly- what they are about. Know your motivations.
- Your energy and enthusiasm during the job interview is crucial. Employers hire people not resumes. They want to see your personality shine during the interview.
Bonus – Vicki also talks about the Post-Interview Black-hole. Why it happens? And what you can do after the interview.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush