The Topic of today’s discussion is How Young Professionals can make a Successful Transition to the Workplace.
A summary of the interview is below:
- The importance of having clarity when starting your career.
- Experience trumps advice. Why too much information/advice may not necessarily be a good thing?
- How to translate previous volunteer experience into tangible soft skills, when transitioning to the workplace.
- The importance of having the right attitude and how it translates into the right behaviors.
- Employability is about life-long ability to be relevant, translating that into having the right fit; and to deliver value to your employer.
- Things to do to increase Employability – personal development, experimentation,etc.
- The Rule of 5 in Networking – reach out to the 5 closest people in your network, and then expand.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush