For Episode 106 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will learn about:
A Day in the Life of a Chief Technology Officer from our guest Joe Christopher
Guest Introduction – Joe Christopher
Joe Christopher is a Chief Technology Officer for Relode.
Relode is a referral community that connects the best healthcare professionals to the best healthcare jobs.
1. Joe begins by sharing his early life on a farm, fixing things and figuring out how to be the most efficient with the least amount of people. In school he started following a technology path before falling in love with software and web-based applications.
2. After working remotely, Joe joined a healthcare education company and helped them grow for approximately 10 years and gaining tons of skills and insights in the process.
3. Joe takes us through a day in his life complete with meetings and planning in the morning, helping his team with what they’re developing and even planning for the future.
4. Joe takes us through the parts of the job that he truly loves, he sees technology as a tool to help people be more effective, and he loves being able to help talented people become even better at what they do.
5. Joe also describes some of the challenges that impact him on a day to day basis, including communication breakdowns and finding cost effective ways to solve problems
6. Joe gives insights on how to beat go about assuming leadership roles, and what people may want to do whether they aspire to be a leader or not.
7. Joe also talks about certifications and degrees, and where they come into play when it comes to being a Chief Technology Officer for an organization.
8. Joe ends things off by recommending 3 books to help listeners reach new levels of success within themselves and their career.
“There’s some satisfaction in achieving something before hitting the bed for the night”
“How do we make the process of hiring in healthcare easier for everyone?”
“I’ve always seen technology as this tool to augment or scale people”
“At Reload, we’re a startup and so agility is one of our strengths”
“What’s the simplest thing we can do to make this idea better”
“It’s always easier to lead people when you understand 100% of what they’re doing”
“You need to learn to lead yourself first”
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Decisive by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Mindset by Carol S. Dweck
- Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush