After a decade of success in real estate, Marc Mawhinney went through business closure and challenges that would have caused most to give up.
How did he get back on track? With the help of coaches! After years of being a lone wolf, and being proud of “going it alone,” he experienced the power of coaching first-hand, and it really made a difference.
So when he was ready to go back into business, he knew that he wanted to be a coach. Marc wanted to help others like he’d been helped.
You see, there are a lot of people who would make great coaches, who never get the opportunity because they can’t get clients through the door. If they give up, it’s not just them that lose out, but all of the people who they could have helped if they were only able to connect with them.
So that’s why he launched “Natural Born Coaches,”, a podcast to help coaches with their businesses. With almost 500 episodes of the podcast over the last few years, Marc talks with well over 1000 coaches every year (on-air and off-air) and he works with a lot of coaches as his clients. This has given him a unique skill for helping coaches grow their businesses.
1. Marc shares how he got his start in coaching and became the coach for coaches
2. Marc relates his definition of a coach and what they do.
3. He describes the day to day of his career and explains the various things he may find himself doing.
4. Marc also talks about the parts of his job that he loves more than others.
5. He discusses some of the challenges associated with coaching
6. Marc talks about how to get started in coaching.
7. Marc talks about his career path and the various directions he’s taken.
“If I had a coach back in the real estate days, maybe everything wouldn’t have imploded”
“I’m going to stick to what I really enjoy doing”
“A lot of coaches get too worked up with the definition of coaching and then they’re not helping people perhaps as much as they could be”
“I think too many coaches treat it like a hobby than an actual business”
“You can’t sit back and expect people to rush in and hire you”
“Just do it. Jump in and do it.”.
“Stay nimble, stay flexible, do what you love!!”
Links & Resources
During the interview Marc referenced an amazing book to inspire you to take action. It is Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush