For Episode 57 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will learn about: A Day in the Life of a Solar Energy Account Manager – Andrew Young.
Coming from an extensive sales background, Andrew worked in the types of positions other people would have loved, but his heart and passion weren’t in it.
He turned his attention toward environmentally friendly business opportunities, and it was then he found a whole new world to be excited about.
His transition into renewable energy wasn’t immediate, but when he found Solar energy, he knew he had found his calling.
1. Andrew tells Nissar and the listeners a little bit about where he is from, as well as his background and how he came to work for a renewable energy company.
2. He describes his day to day, what some of his objectives are, and what roles he plays in the company. He also describes the solar product he sells.
3. Andrew talks about the pros and cons of his job, the types of challenges he faces both on the technology side, and the financial side of solar conversations.
4. He also talks about the amount of pride he sees when someone decides to go with renewable energy and experiences the positive results.
5. He shares some of the available career paths, and talks about how to get involved with renewable energy.
6. He also shares whether or not a decree or certification is required.
7. Andrew also shares his approach to getting into the solar energy specifically, and then talks about how to get involved with renewable energy in general.
“I was seeking what was right for me for a long time.”
“We make life easier for the contractor, then they are more likely to use us again in the future.”
“You create your own power, you save money, jobs are created, you’re not polluting, what is the downside?”
“What do you want to do? Then do your research and figure out how to achieve that.”
“What else do you have that’s valuable that you can really highlight?”
Links & Resources
To learn more about Andrew Young, you can visit his website.
You can also connect with him or follow him on Facebook
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush