1. The biggest challenge job seekers face is that they don’t necessarily receive enough replies or call backs for the applications they have submitted.
2. Bad formatting on your resume/ CV reduces your chances of winning the recruiters’ attention.
3. Before you create your resume, it is advisable to understand the job market, requirements,etc. – in that way you can customize a more effective resume/ CV.
4. The importance of having quantities/achievements in the resume / CV.
5. For new grads or junior candidates- how to optimize your resume when applying for your first corporate job.
6. Cover Letters are important. However, keep it short and succinct.
7. Practice and Prepare ahead of interviews. It will improve your odds.
8. Always follow-up by email to the hiring managers and recruiters thanking them for their time. It will help you stand out amongst other candidates.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush