For Episode 99 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be hearing from Austin Belcak.
This interview is part of the “Career Expert Series“.
Guest Introduction – Austin Belcak
Austin Belcak is the founder of CultivatedCulture.com. Through his website he teaches people how to use unconventional strategies to land jobs they’ll love in today’s market without connections, without traditional experience and without applying online.
1. Austin explains where the name for his brand, Cultivated Culture originated, and where he’s hoping to take it.
2. Austin takes us back to college and describes the path that ultimately led him to his full-time career. From the medical field and hating his job to using his side hustle to create a large opportunity for himself.
3. Austin shares his thoughts on what people can do if they aren’t happy with their jobs. He gives step one to getting where you’d rather be, and how it can potentially lead to a referral.
4. Austin discusses competition, and gives an in depth look at the hiring process, and how people go about applying for jobs. He then talks in depth about a different approach that can massively help in the process.
5. Finally, Austin shares examples of a few creative approaches to the job search, and how they paid off for the applicant.
“I’ve had a side hustle basically since I entered the professional world”
“Nothing I did was correct, I realized I had to get out of there”
“You can learn pretty much anything online for free these days and then go out and apply it”
“If you’re doing the same thing everybody else is doing, you’re going to have really really hard time landing a job you truly love”
“Only 20% of available opportunities or roles are posted online”
“Only take advice from people who have what you want”.
Links & Resources
Austin has created a special offer specifically for The CareerMetis Podcast listeners. You can find that information here.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush