The Topic of today’s discussion is How Young Professionals can make a Successful Transition to the Workplace.
1. The importance of having clarity when starting your career.
2. Experience trumps advice. Why too much information/advice may not necessarily be a good thing?
3. How to translate previous volunteer experience into tangible soft skills, when transitioning to the workplace.
4. The importance of having the right attitude and how it translates into the right behaviors.
5. Employability is about life-long ability to be relevant, translating that into having the right fit; and to deliver value to your employer.
6. Things to do to increase Employability – personal development, experimentation,etc.
7. The Rule of 5 in Networking – reach out to the 5 closest people in your network, and then expand.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush