The Topic of today’s discussion is How to Improve your Communication Skills to become more promotable.
During our interview- Ben Austin shares the importance of communication skills, and what are some specific things one can do to improve their skill-set
- It’s crucial to improve your communications skills. It will help you stand out among everyone else.
- “You don’t matter at all in the communication – it’s all about them. The other person cares about them.”– Remember this as you are learning different modes of communication.
- Toastmasters & Improv will help you with your communication, public speaking skills
- Listening is a key aspect to mastering your communication skills.
- Verbal Communication is only 7% of your communication; the rest is non-verbal (tonality,body language,etc.)
- Improve your writing skills by setting up a Blog (Write 500 words day).
- Advanced Communication skills – explore Podcasting as a skill-set to build your skills.
Ben’s key to improving Email Communication:
- Write Short Sentences.
- Use the right amount of punctuations,periods,etc.
- Use the right amount of spacing.
- Reduce the eye strain on the reader.
- Improve readers’ comprehension by reducing the number of words.
To learn more about Ben Austin visit his website ; and also his post on the different personality tests to discover your Leadership skills.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush