For Episode 67 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be continuing the Freelance Career Expert Series interviews.
Guest Introduction – Nathan Harris
Nathan D. Harris is the Founder and President of Ease: a cloud based workforce solution that helps businesses manage their independent contractors and freelance workforce all in one place.
In addition to providing them with access to top software developers, designers, copy writers and digital strategists.
1. Nathan talks about the gig based economy, and how millennials are creating and shifting toward a workforce based on independent contracting.
2. He also describes Ease, how it came about, and what purpose it fulfills for the people who use it.
3. He talks about social media, and the part it plays in the trend toward a gig based economy.
4. He also talks about how important flexibility and fulfillment is for the modern worker, and how they think and feel about the current workplace.
5. Nathan discusses large freelance websites, and why being in such a large pool can be detrimental to a freelancer’s business.
6. He also talks about off shore work and hot it can also be a challenge for freelancers. He describes how Ease rectifies these issues.
7. Finding and training talent costs a lot of problems, but hiring a freelancer has perks. Hiring for specific projects, getting skilled talent on demand, and saving money are just a few to think about.
8. Nathan talks in detail about these points, and gives an even deeper look into the psychology of the modern worker, and where they will fit into the gig based economy in the next 2 to 3 years.
“By 2020, Over 50% of our workforce is going to be independent contractors.”
“What people really want is to live life fulfilled”
“To become a successful freelancer, you have to build a personal brand”
“i want to work to better my life, I don’t want to live to better my work”
“through collaboration we can achieve almost anything”
“No one can tell you what you can and can not achieve, it’s all about what you’re willing to learn, and how hard you’re willing to work”
“You need to make a personal connection with your customer”
Links & Resources
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush