For Episode 83 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be continuing the Leadership Expert Series; and we will be hearing from Leadership Coach and Consultant Andreas Jones.
Guest Introduction – Andreas Jones
Andreas Jones is an award winning, best selling author. He’s also a life and business strategist and consultant, and an Army combat veteran. He’s a regular columnist for Forbes, The Huffingtonpost and Lifehack.org.
With over 12 years of experience in leadership, entrepreneurship, business planning and operations, Andreas has the breadth and depth of experience needed to quickly understand businesses and craft the most suitable solutions.
1. Andreas kicks off by telling us about his path from growing up in Jamaica to moving to the U.S.A, joining the Army, and then transitioning out of the military and into the corporate world. He describes the process, and Nissar asks him about a few things he can share to help people through transitions.
2. He talks about leadership, and shares what it means to him. He explains that leadership is influence, and influence comes with trust.
3. A leader is the kind of person who creates an environment of trust so that people believe in them to make the right decisions and tough calls.
4. He then expands on Battle Tested Leadership. He provides an explanation, as well as a preview of what that would look like. Andreas shares that Battle Tested Leadership applies to concepts, resources and strategies that have been tested, have shown results, and are proven to work time and time again.
5. He also talks about strengths and weaknesses, and how you shouldn’t ignore your weaknesses, but also to avoid obsessing over them.
6. Develop your strengths, round out your weaknesses, and leverage knowledge and talents of others to get further along the road in a much shorter time.
7. Andreas talks about self leadership, and says that you have to be able to lead yourself before you can lead anyone else.
8. He also discusses how he grew to work with John Maxwell, and what his biggest take away from John has been. He also leaves the interview with some massive inspiration.
“There’s a lot of introspection I had to do in order to set myself up for success”
“You have to be absolutely clear of what you want to do”
“You can’t just throw stuff against the wall and try to see what sticks”
“I don’t think any one person can do it all by themselves”
“Leadership at it’s core is all about influence”
“Don’t get lost in trying to be strong everywhere”
“Dream boldly, Live Passionately, Love sincerely and Lead courageously”.
Links & Resources
To learn more about Andreas Jones and for additional resources, you can visit his website Upworment.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush