For Episode 63 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be continuing the Leadership Expert Series; and we will be hearing from Leadership Coach and Consultant Joyel Crawford.
Guest Introduction – Joyel Crawford
Joyel Crawford did not originally dream of becoming an entrepreneur. She originally worked in telecommunications for 18 years. After being with a company for 10 years, she began to feel like there was more she could be doing.
Deciding that there was more to her professional life than she initially realized, she began to build her business while working full time.
Crawford Leadership Strategies was born from her efforts, and now she helps individuals get more of what they want out of their career path.
1. Joyel talks about her time in telecommunications and how she eventually found her way into entrepreneurship, and the beginning stages of what became Crawford leadership Strategies.
2. She expands on the idea of promotions within a company, and gives Nissar her opinion on what leadership is about.
3. She talks about the mindset of a leader, and how important it is to re-frame the narrative a person tells themselves about what makes a good leader.
4. She also discusses limiting beliefs, and how to combat them as an effective leader.
5. Joyel gives tips, perspective and insights around the topics of leadership, team building and communication.
6. She talks about legacy, and why it’s so important to acknowledge the people around you, and how to have an impact on the lives of others in a positive way.
“When they stop promoting you, it’s time for you to go”
“Starting a business, working full time and giving 150% of yourself is a lot”
“if the doors stop opening, it’s up to you to figure out how to keep opening them, and it might not be in the same place as where you started”
“You need to make sure you’re showing others what you want to see out of them”
“There’s nothing worse than being led by someone who sits in their ivory tower and shouts orders down from above”
“If you do what you love and you acknowledge the people that you work with along the way, you could be super successful”
“Take care of yourself”
Links & Resources
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush