Brian has coached and spoken at length on the topic of networking and has agreed to make a second appearance to share his insights.
1. Brian Howard expands on a quote from his book, The Motivated Networker
2. He goes into detail about the attitudes and mindsets that go into having a networking mentality
3. Brian explains why networking is more effective than traditional job search methods
4. Brian also shares a revealing statistic about being referred into a job opportunity via networking
5. Brian goes into detail about the importance of establishing a “cabinet” and a “sales company”
6. Brian also shares his thoughts on the importance of Linkedin
7. He also gives examples of great laces where people can get involved in networking groups.
8. Brian covers some common networking mistakes people make.
“Professional networks are not granted to you, They are not granted to anyone, They are built.”
“The foundational concept of networking is to give or help.”
“to be truly useful and powerful, a network must be populated with enough contacts for your job search purposes and for your business purposes.”
“A skilled professional networker shows genuine interest”
“Always be on the lookout to provide value to others wherever you can”
“The more you listen and ask questions, the more rapport you build”
“Networking gets you connected to opportunities through people that are frequently under the radar”
Links and Resources:
Brian Howard’s book “The Motivated Networker“ is now available on Amazon.com.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush