For Episode 53 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be hearing from Aaron Watson who shares his insights on improving your personal branding, and also how to effectively network to grow your career or business.
This interview is part of the “Personal Branding Expert Series“.
Aaron Watson has a multi-faceted career, from being a professional athlete for the Pittsburgh Thunderbirds Ultimate Frisbee team to taking the reigns as the Vice President of sales for the software company Top Score.
1. Aaron describes his career and explains the various roles he plays within each position.
2. He also talks about the importance of time management, the struggle surrounding it, and the role it plays in his day to day.
3. He also talks about networking, and making valuable connections for people, and what that has done for his own personal brand, which he explains as well.
4. Aaron shares a massively actionable trick that you can use in your own branding, to improve your relationships.
5. He also gives a few time management tips to ease the process for people who struggle.
6. He talks about a strategy he uses involving listing tasks and prioritizing tasks.
“ABCD, Always Be Connecting the Dots”
“There are people using these different tactics or doing these different activities that don’t necessarily have the best intentions at heart.”
“If you’re going to wear a lot of hats and go above and beyond, it really takes a high degree of organization.”
“Your brand at the end of the day is what people say about you when you’re not around”
“Everyone you need to know is already in your network”
“Everyone is pursuing something”
To learn more about Aaron Watson and for additional resources, you can visit his website.
His podcast –Going Deep with Aaron is a forum for having meaningful, deep conversations about the passions, fears and problems of people from all walks of life. Guests talk about entrepreneurship, sports, finance, comedy and lifestyle design.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush