For Episode 86 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be hearing from Colin Morgan.
This interview is part of the "Personal Branding Expert Series".
Colin Morgan is the VP of operations and marketing for the Plan to Profit group. He's also the host of The Daily Grind Podcast. After university, Colin tried out a few different paths before settling in at the Plan to Profit group.
He began by writing business plans for various clients of the group, and began taking on more responsibility over time and growing into the role he fulfills now.
1. Colin talks about taking small consistent steps, and how much of an impact it can make over time.
2. He describes that it's not enough to take in the knowledge, you have to do something with it, and eventually it all adds up to become something worthwhile. Build skills, and go after the dream as you grow.
3. He also drops a helpful hint that will increase your chances of getting interviews.
4. Colin shares his opinions on business plans, and where they fit into modern day businesses.
5. He also gets into the benefits of podcasting, and how a single podcast interview boosted Colin's sales, and gave him an idea to grow the value of his personal brand by leaps and bounds.
6. Finally Colin talks about setting goals, and role they play in continued growth and success.
“People have a big idea, but it's very difficult to take that idea and not only start a business, but make it profitable”
“We really focus on customer success”
“A business plan is just a piece of paper”
“I'm sure all of you have big goals, but it's the small steps that lead to those”
“How many mistakes and how much money is it going to take you to get there?”
“People don't buy what you do, they buy who you are”
“once you understand what message you're trying to share, then it becomes a little bit easier”
“Be happy with who you are and don't let fear hold you back”
Colin also runs a successful podcast - The Daily Grind Podcast, which I strongly recommend listening to.
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush