For Episode 90 of The CareerMetis Podcast, we will be hearing from Jörgen Sundberg .
This interview is part of the “Recruiting Expert Series“.
Guest Introduction – Jörgen Sundberg
Jörgen Sundberg is an Employer Brand consultant and the CEO of a company called Link Humans based out of London, UK. He is also the founder of Undercover Recruiter: a global resource on recruiting, talent acquisition, global trends, and insights.
1. Jörgen describes in length what Employer Brand is, and also spends time talking about why it matters.
2. He talks about why simply advertising on job boards are not effective anymore. Due to the increasing demand for talent – it is essential for an employer to showcase their strengths and values to prospective candidates.
3. Jörgen also talks about the mistakes employers are making with their branding.
4. Getting employer brand right – Jörgen gives examples of companies like Salesforce, GE and Cox Purtell on how they have each have done to enhance their employer brand.
5. He explains how employer branding is different for larger companies versus small businesses
6. Jörgen explains that one of the often overlooked benefits of employer branding is the reduced cost per hire. For larger organizations, they are able to attract the highest quality candidates.
7. Jörgen also explains what EVP is (Employer Value Proposition). EVP is to give people idea on what is like to work for your company. It definitely helps attracts the right people, and repels the wrong ones.
8. We also discuss what Employee Advocacy means. It is an effort to encourage employees to share updates about the company – jobs, updates, culture,etc.
“It’s what other people say about you when you’re not in the room”
“You have to think beyond just the advertising side of things”
“How can we stand out in a very crowded marketplace?
“The idea here is to make sure everyone has a positive experience”
“Most people want to click the button and activate straight away”
“Do we really need employer brand thinking when we’re a small company”
“The employer brand is there to really warm people up and hold their hand throughout the process”
Links & Resources
Intro Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – Siren Kickback
Ending Music provided courtesy of Accelerated Ideas (www.accelerated-ideas.com). Soundtrack – No Need to Rush