Making a resume is a very crucial part of the job-seeking process. There are many things to consider and steps to follow to produce the most efficient and effective resume for job application.
Because there are so many considerations and factors needed, some people dread the process of making a resume altogether. It is where Resumedone comes in.
Resumedone tries to make the resume-building process simple, fun and engaging through their website design and streamlined process. They also have easy-to-access tools along the way to help make the entire resume-building process easier and lighter for the user.
This extensive (and unbiased) Resumedone Resume Builder Review will discuss the experience of creating a resume using their website, support options, reviews, and other information about the website.
- About Resumedone
- Building Your Resume on Resumedone
- Setting up Your Resumedone Account
- Resumedone Pricing
- Resumedone Support
- Resumedone Resume Builder Reviews
- The Pros of Using Resumedone
- The Cons of Using Resumedone
- Final Thoughts — Should You Use Resumedone to Build Your Resume?
Let’s get started.
Resumedone is owned by Great Ponton Limited, a company based in Dublin, Ireland, and was registered in 2019.
Setting Up Your Resumedone Account
Resumedone does not require you to sign up separately for an account.
Once you have filled in your information in the resume-building process, Resumedone uses this to make an account for you. The next time you want to log in to Resumedone, click “Login” at the top of their main page, and enter your email address.
Resumedone will then send a link to your email to log in to your account.
Building Your Resume on Resumedone
Go to Resumedone’s website and click “Create My CV” on the main page. This will direct you to Resumedone’s template selection.
When selecting a template, click on the arrows on the side to browse through Resumedone’s selection. There are 7 template options to choose from:
Once you have an eye on a resume template to use, click it once and then click “Select”.
Then you will be directed to Resumedone’s information gathering sheet.
First, Resumedone will ask you about your contact information. You will need to key in your name, address, and contact information. Once you are done filling up the required information, click “Next to Experience”.
To add in a work experience, click “Add Employment”.
You will then be asked details about a previous job experience: your job title, number of years, your previous company and its location, and a description of your responsibilities.
Resumedone also has prewritten phrases for job descriptions. Just key in your job industry in the search button beside the description text box, and Resumedone will generate job descriptions for you. Just choose which ones you like and edit as you go.
You can add multiple job descriptions in this section.
You can also check your progress as it appears on your resume through Resumedone’s preview at the right side of the screen.
When you’re done, click “Next to Education”.
The process for the education section is similar. Just click “Add Education” to add an entry. You will be asked about your school, university, the timeline of education, and the description you may want to include.
You can add multiple entries for this section. Once you are done, click “Next to Skills”.
You can input your skills by clicking “Add Skill”. You can also opt not to put your skills’ expertise level by toggling the button “Hide experience level”.
You can add multiple skill entries. Once done, click “Next to Summary”.
For the summary, you will describe your general experience and what you are looking for. Just type in the text box provided. You can also use the pre-written sentences provided by Resumedone on the right side of the text box.
Once done, click “Next to Finalize”.
You will then be led to the finalization page to edit the template, accent colors, and resume language. Resumedone automatically translates your resume to the language you have chosen.
You can also review the resume details you put in and add sections to your resume on this page.
Once you are satisfied with the overall look and feel of your resume, click “Next to Download”.
Resumedone will display a final preview of your resume. Click “Download” at the top of the page to get your resume. You will then be brought to their pricing page as you have to subscribe to one of their packages to download your resume.
Resumedone Resume Builder Pricing
Resumedone offers the resume-building process for free but charges if you want to download, save, or email your resume.
Here’s the pricing model for Resumedone.
14-days limited access
14 days full access
Resumedone’s team can be reached in various ways.
To see your options on giving a comment, feedback, a question, or a complaint to Resumedone, go to their main page, scroll at the bottommost part of the page, and click “Contact Us”. This will lead you to Resumedone’s contact page.
To contact them via email, just fill in the form on the left side of the contact page with your email, name, and your message to the team.
You should also include a topic that best describes your message to them. Among the topics available to choose from include:
- Page Errors.
- Template Issues.
You can also get in touch with them via phone service. Their number and operating hours are located on the right side of their Contact page.
- How we collect your personal data.
- The duration during which we retain your personal data.
- How we use your personal data.
- How we share your personal data.
- The legal basis of our data processing.
- How we transfer your personal data.
- How we secure your personal data.
- Your rights to your personal data.
- “We keep your personal data as long as you have an Account with us. If you close your Account, your personal data will be immediately deleted. If your Account is suspended or blocked, we will retain your personal data for a period of two years to prevent you from violating the terms and conditions of our Website. In addition. We may retain your personal data for an additional period of time to the extent necessary for us to assert legal rights or to defend against them.”
- “We use your personal data to provide, support and expand our Services, including to: provide services by us or between you or us and our third-party service providers (for example, payment processing) to provide you with the Services requested; allow you to customise your Account, Personalised Documents, profile and your Customer Area; send you information related to our Services (for example a confirmation of your registration) by email and/or by any other means of communication; give you access to our support Services so that you can communicate with us; preserve the security of our Website; inform you of the changes made to our Services; manage our Website, including for problem-solving, access, data analysis, testing, research, investigation, and analytics purposes; improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most efficient way possible; and comply with our legal obligations, including orders and other legal or regulatory requirements.”
- “When we transfer your personal data, we will do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate security measures to ensure its integrity and protection. In particular, we transfer your personal data to our third-party service providers established outside the European Economic Area, and to countries for which the European Commission has not made a ‘proper protection’ decision, such as the United States. In such a case, we ensure this transfer is carried out in accordance with applicable regulations and ensures a sufficient level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights of individuals (including by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission).”
- “In addition to the rights conferred on you by applicable data protection legislation and where applicable law or regulation authorises or requires us to do so, we will, upon request, give you a copy of your personal data and correct any error that you have identified. You also have the right to receive and/or have us transfer to another controller a subset of your personal data. You have the right to object to us processing your personal data and to limit such processing, as well as the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authorities concerning the processing of your personal data.”
Resumedone Resume Builder Reviews
Resumedone is rated 3.8 on Trustpilot.
Among the top positive feedback include a “stress-free” resume building process and attractive templates.
Others also commended Resumedone’s customer service.
On the other hand, complaints were largely centered on payment schemes and the inability to cancel subscriptions.
The Pros of Using Resumedone
1. Good User Interface
Aside from a good aesthetic, Resumedone’s interface is functional and engaging. The flow of the steps — from the information gathering to the preview of the final document is seamless, easy-to-navigate, and light. It also has a language of teaching which helps job seekers and users know what to put in their resume. They also have pieces of advice along the way so you won’t get derailed or lost in the whole process.
2. Offers Language Selection
Resumedone’s interface is not only seamless and well-designed, it also tried to be inclusive. Its entire website is not only available in English, it is available in five other languages as well. This makes it helpful for people applying for jobs in non-English speaking countries. The other languages available are: Turkish, Spanish, Indonesian, Portuguese, Italian
The Cons of Using Resumedone
1. It Is Not Free
While the process of resume building is free for Resumedone, you won’t be able to download a copy of your resume if you won’t subscribe to one of their packages. Resumedone may not be for you if you are looking for a free resume builder or one with a free trial. Their premium services are good, but there are other resume building competitors which are free of charge or offer free trials for basic features.
2. Limited flexibility
Resumedone’s resume builder does not have much room for changes and customization. Because you will fill out all the details in the information gathering process, Resumedone takes care of everything afterward — including the formatting. This means you cannot move blocks around. Some people like this while some people prefer a bit of leeway for customization to highlight their key areas and strengths.
Final Thoughts — Should You Use Resumedone to Build Your Resume?
- Resumedone’s Interface — Their interface is cool, modern, and hip. Aside from colors that are bold but easy on the eyes, their graphics are also inviting and engaging. The overall flow of the website is also very smooth and easy to navigate. What makes their website also standout is it does not look like it is filled with too much information, making it very user-friendly for job seekers.
- Best feature — Resumedone’s best feature is the interplay of its tools and its interface. Resumedone has a lot of helpful tools along the way that helps a job seeker build his or her resume. These tools, such as the pre-written phrases per industry and the pieces of advice, are placed.
- Other extra features — The extra added feature in Resumedone’s resume builder is the wide selection of pre-written and industry-specific phrases that will help you describe your job, education, skillset, and work summary.
- Biggest downfall & Top User Complaint — As with other resume builders with paid subscriptions, users largely have complaints regarding Resumedone’s payment and subscription scheme. Most of the complaints on the independent review website talk about continuous billing and the inability to cancel the subscription.
Resumedone guides you every step of the way. Aside from clear instructions on what to put and how it will affect your application, they also provide tips on how you can maximize your potential by typing in the right words. Each section also has tips before getting started so job seekers are always guided towards the right frame of mind.
However, their good service is not available to everyone. You will need to subscribe to one of their packages to be able to download the resume you built.
Overall, Resumedone is a resume builder wrapped in a cool, hip, modern, and functional interface. They try to make the resume-building process fun and engaging. Their tone of instructions is clear, clean, and friendly which will help the job seeker know what’s best to put in their resume. Resumedone is a good resume-building tool that can be used by beginners and professionals alike.
Read our Extensive Review of Other Resume Builders:
- My Resume Format
- Cultivated Culture Resume Builder
- Resume Genius
- My Perfect Resume
- CV Maker
- Cake Resume
- Canva Resume Builder
- Indeed Resume Builder
- PathSource Mobile Resume Builder
- Resume Companion
- LiveCareer Resume Builder